Sunday, March 10, 2013

It's My Blogiversary!

It all started on March 11, 2010.

As I was browsing through my old posts, I noticed the date of my first venture into the world of blogs. I knew it had been "awhile," but I wouldn't have figured it had been "years."

So I have to ask myself: Have I accomplished anything by writing here? What have I talked about? Well, let's take a look at how I've privately tagged my 80 posts. (Each post has more than one tag, so don't even try to make the math work.) I've written something regarding aging nine times. Not surprisingly, that's brought 12 posts where I wax nostalgic or have fond memories. When I think about the "old days," I often think about my family, both when I was a child and now as an adult. My father passed away a little more than two years ago, so there are several posts about Dad and death (in a reflective not morbid sense). Of course, a holiday is a logical reason to share some thoughts. Another dozen have me thinking about women and friendship, because girlfriends are important to me. Sometimes, I just talk about me and the TV shows I watch.

Have I covered everything I mentioned in my first post? Not really. As much as I like "lists," I can't really put a check mark by all of those first-draft topics. Of course, I didn't start blogging to accomplish anything, really. As I think I've said before, I'm not looking for fame or fortune. (Well, I wouldn't turn either down if they came knocking, but this isn't how I would expect to find them.) I write...to write. I guess it's my version of talking to myself.

For now, I'm just going to be proud that my blog isn't one of those things that I started with grand plans and then let slip away. I'll just keep writing to get some thoughts "out there" with no expectations.  Feel free to stop by again when you've got a moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment